Friday, April 25, 2014

Down the Bayou Lacquer/Summer,Cajun Style Collection

Hello and Welcome!!

How's your week going?Mine has been extremely busy,just the way I like it.My allergies have been kicking my butt here lately.This past month I have been waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. My asthma is so out of control.Anyway...I'm not sure if you have heard the news,but Down the Bayou Lacquer is releasing the new Summer,Cajun Style Collection tomorrow,April 26th. This collection will be available for pre-order for a week.You will have until May 8th to order your favorite colors.All orders will be shipping around May 17th.
Now this collection is a lot smaller than her last one,which is not a bad thing.This collection has 8 beautiful blends,her last one had 13.Lets take a look a these beauties below.
SUMMER,CAJUN STYLE COLLECTION

"Fresh Louisiana Strawberries"
This is a red/pink jelly polish with light pink,light green mixed glitter with green micro glitter,red iridescent shimmer and a touch of pink holo circles.
I applied 3 coats with a top coat. This polish is a tad sheer but it's build-able.Now with the pink holo dots,they do need to be fished out just because there's just a few of them in the formula.
"Girls Wear Camo Too"
This is a clear base glitter topper with green iridescent micro glitter,green and pink flakies and brown hex glitters.
I applied 1 coat of "Girls Wear Camo Too" over 2 coats of SinfulColors/Beau Khaki.(Perfect combo,if I do say myself)Next time I go hunting I'm wearing this!
"Cruisin Back Roads"
This is a bright green lime jelly with green iridescent shimmer,orange/green iridescent flakies.
I applied 3 coats and a top coat. This polish is very sheer but build-able.I didn't apply more than 3 coats because I didn't want it to look caked on. 
"Muddy River Banks"
This is a soft brown holo.
I applied 2 light coats with a top coat. This is my favorite in this collection.It applied so smooth and the formula was flawless. It was not to thick or to thin. It's perfection!
"It's Festival Season"
This is a clear base glitter topper packed with multi colored flakies.
I applied 1 coat of "It's Festival Season" over 1 coat of SinfulColors/Rise & Shine.When I saw this polish I was not sure that I was going to like it. To me it looked like the confetti in a bag from the craft store BUT I was wrong! Although it does look like the confetti from the craft store it looks flawless on nails.I did not have any issues with the flake sticking up. It applied perfectly.Oh another thing,I would not recommend applying 2 coats just because the flakes can overlap making it look caked on.
"Bonfires and Tailgates"
This is a light purple/periwinkle holo with iridescent shimmer.
I applied 1 coat. This polish is beautiful but it was thick and had bumps from the shimmer and was streaky. I brought the issue to Jodi's attention and she said that she would tweak the formula a bit to fix all the issues. I also applied a top coat and the bumps and streaks were still visible.
"Windows Down,Radio Up"
This is a Blue/teal holo with iridescent glitter.
I applied 1 coat but 2 coats would be perfect to. This color was not bumpy but it was slightly streaky even with a top coat.
"Storms Rollin In"
This is a grey jelly,with a mixture of black glittter,holo flakies and silver iridescent shimmer.
I applied 2 light coats and a top coat. This color looks beautiful in the sun but unfortunately my sun shot looks horrible. LOL

Overall I think that the colors in this collection are beautiful.There was some formula issues but that will be taken care of before the collection launches.You can check out more info on this collection on all of Down the Bayou Lacquer's media sites, which I will post below. What do you think about this new collection? Are you ready to pre-order your paints?


Thanks for Reading!!
Y'all Come Back!
XOXO!


















  







No comments:

Post a Comment